[Gluster-users] Installation Question

Gregor Huber ghuber at santurcorp.com
Thu Apr 7 00:13:10 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm researching a good base install for my gluster server pool config.

I would like to use CentOS => 5.1

I  would like to use ext4 (have to support 12GB files)

I see "Gluster recommends Ext4 (for Linux kernel 2.6.31 or higher) and
Ext3 (for all earlier versions) when formatting the disk sub-subsystem"

CentOS 5.5 comes with 2.6.18 and does not offer a 2.6.31 or higher
kernel through yum updates.  Compiling the latest from linux.org is of
course possible but will need to be thoroughly tested.

Has anyone had success with CenOS 5.5, ext4 with a 2.6.3X kernel before
I tread down this path?  I have of course searched Google for this but
have not seen anything quite what I am doing.

Thanks!

Greg