[Gluster-users] iSCSI?

Michael McGlothlin michaelm at plumbersstock.com
Mon Apr 4 19:33:15 UTC 2011

Has anyone had any success using gluster as a backend for iSCSI
targets? I want to create 1TB target files which will be shared by
three iSCSI servers for access by ESXi. I am wondering how gluster
handles updates to large files such as that - I assume it's smart
enough to update only the changed blocks and not try to copy the
entire file around on each update? Also wondering how well it will
handle multiple servers accessing the same file at the same time. The
same blocks, iSCSI files, should never be being written to from
different servers at the same time but the target file would be. Will
this work? Do I need to do anything special?

Thanks,
Michael McGlothlin