[Gluster-users] VM hangs while autohealing

Daniel Mons daemons at kanuka.com.au
Thu Sep 30 23:08:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Fred Fischer <gluster-users at lk2.de> wrote:
> i have 2 machines running a simple replicate volume to provide highly
> available storage for kvm virtual machines.
> As soon as auto healing starts, glusterfs will start blocking the vm's
> storage access (apparently writes are what causes this) leaving the whole
> virtual machine hanging.
> I can replicate this bug on both ext3 and ext4 filesystems, on real machines
> as well as on vm's.

I get the same issue with any sort of storage.  For example, large
rsync transfers will come to a complete halt during self-heal on
3.0.2.

I haven't had a chance to test in higher versions of GlusterFS yet.
Hopefully I'll get a chance to test and compare with the latest 3.0.X
and 3.1.X builds in the coming weeks.

-Dan