[Gluster-users] Resync failure

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 12:34:46 UTC 2010

I'm running a very simple 2-way gluster 3.0.5 on ext3 with cluster/replicate (as generated by volgen) on 32-bit Ubuntu. I noticed that one of my gluster servers had been down for a while, so I fixed it and brought it back up. I wanted to be sure that all its content was in sync so I issued an ls -lR on the mounted volume, then used rsync to compare (but not touch) the backing file systems. There are hundreds of differences listed. What's the best way of manually repairing it, and why didn't it fix itself? Can I stop all servers, do an rsync and then restart?

Marcus