[Gluster-users] Shared web hosting with GlusterFS and inotify

Emile Heitor emile.heitor at nbs-system.com
Wed Sep 15 15:41:42 UTC 2010

Hi Phil,

On 09/15/2010 05:12 PM, phil cryer wrote:
> We're interested in this as well, as we will be serving our docroot
> from a GlusterFS share. Have you tried nginx? I have not tested this,

We use nginx for static content, reverse proxying and non-complex
websites, but our customers are not willing to get rid of .htaccess :)
> but after your benchmarks it sounds like I need to. Your inotifiy
> script looks like it would work, but it wouldn't for me; we use
> GlusterFS so we can store ~70TB of data, which we can't copy to the

Understood, not sure our method applies well with big files...
> regular filesystem. This is a big risk indeed - can you share your
> benchmarking method? Did you simply use ab?

We use Funkload ( http://funkload.nuxeo.org/) so we can simulate complex
scenarios and generate useful reports, it's an impressive piece of
software !

Cheers,

--
Emile Heitor, Responsable d'Exploitation
---