[Gluster-users] strange owners issue? ownership reset by the other gluster node

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Sep 14 20:50:50 UTC 2010

On 14.09.2010 22:43, Douglas Stanley wrote:
> Did you do the chown operation to the mounted gluster filesystem, or
> to the exported by gluster filesystem on one of your storage bricks?
>
> What I mean is, is /shared/www what is exported in your
> glusterfsd.vol, or did you do mount -t glusterfs volfile /shared/www ?

I made the chown operation on the glusterfs filesystem mounted on /shared:

/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol on /shared type fuse.glusterfs (rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,max_read=131072)

cat /etc/fstab:
(...)
/etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol  /shared  glusterfs  defaults  0  0

Also, permissions are reset when doing similar operations.

What's interesting, with exactly the same config files on Debian Lenny, it works as expected.

The difference from Ubuntu 10.04 are:
- kernel (2.6.26 on Debian, 2.6.32 on Ubuntu)
- glusterfs (3.0.4 on Debian, 3.0.5 on Ubuntu)
- fuse (2.7.4 on Debian, 2.8.1 on Ubuntu)
- loads of other userspace...

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org