[Gluster-users] Failed on booting qcow2 image files on glusterfs

Sheng.Zheng sheng.zheng at etimestech.jp
Tue Sep 7 08:18:25 UTC 2010

Hi, All
  I have 4 nodes in a glusterfs. Nodes 1 and 2 (replication1) as well as
3 and 4 (replication2) replicate each other, and replication1 and
replication2 is distribued with cluster/distribute.
   I failed on booting qcow2 image files on this glusterfs volume by
KVM. The issue will disappear if I move the qcow2 file to the outside of
the glusterfs volume.
   How to reproduce the issue:
      1. Create a qcow2 image file by "qemu-img" command like below and
add the image file to config file of a guest os.
            qemu-img  create -f qcow2 test-qcow2.img 20G
      2. Boot the guest os and will get a error message like below.
          "qemu: could not open disk image /path/test-qcow2.img"

All 4 nodes are CentOS 5 instances connected over GbE.
My configs are below.  Any ideas will be appreciated.

Server:
----------------------------
volume posix
  type storage/posix
  option directory /path/export
end-volume

volume locks
  type features/locks
  subvolumes posix
end-volume

volume brick
  type performance/io-threads
  option thread-count 32
  subvolumes locks
end-volume

volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp
  option transport.socket.bind-address 192.168.0.5
  option auth.addr.brick.allow 192.168.*.*
  subvolumes brick
end-volume
-----------------

Client: