[Gluster-users] Old story - glusterfs memory usage

Krzysztof Strasburger strasbur at chkw386.ch.pwr.wroc.pl
Fri Mar 26 13:21:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 01:16:53PM +0100, Amon Ott wrote:
> > No, this should happen without any filters. What happens, if you disable
> > io-cache?
>
> Disabled both io-cache and read-ahead. Now it only grew to 739 MB. Again,
> drop_caches did not reduce that size, although it reduced the fuse_inode
> slabs significantly. No out of memory now.
739 MB "only", without caches???
This is a confirmation that the problem appears on other sites, too.

> Please note that I can live with 1GB of memory for the glusterfs process, if
> it needs that. It must not block accesses, this is my concern.
No OOM now, but double the number of files and IMHO glusterfs will
grow up to 1.5 GB.
Thank you for doing the test.
Now we should check, whether fuse_forget() is called at all during the test.
I would not assume blindly that it is.
yes -> glusterfs problem
no  -> fuse bug?
This is for next week, as i have no net access at home.
Krzysztof