[Gluster-users] Old story - glusterfs memory usage

Krzysztof Strasburger strasbur at chkw386.ch.pwr.wroc.pl
Thu Mar 25 15:52:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:22:44AM -0400, Benjamin Long wrote:
> > are you at least able to reproduce this memory consumption
> > problem?
> I had a problem like this with 3.0.2 and the Quickread translator. That is a 
> known issue. Do you have the same problem with the latest version of Gluster 
> and no performance translators? I think your email says you went back to 2.x 
> before removing the translators.
I went back to 2.x after I saw this old problem (without any performance
translators) under 3.0.3. Then I made the test case posted to the list
and it was with 2.0.10rc1, but I'm pretty sure it would be the same
with 3.x. The one difference was that I saw the problem under 3.0.3 with
my production system (that does not and did 
not use performance translators and is a volume unified over six subvolumes, 
each of which is 2x replicated), not with the test case.
While setting up the glusterfs filesystem, I decided that performance 
translators may be tried out _after_ everything works OK without them.
But it is still not the case. If you would find it useful, I may repeat
the test with 3.0.3 tomorrow and post the result.
But i think it is time to look into the code. I tried even once upon a time,
but ended with a segmentation fault, not finding anything :(.

More information about the Gluster-users mailing list