[Gluster-users] gluster "a bit" slower - was Re: gluster local vs local = gluster x4 slower

Chad ccolumbu at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:53:47 UTC 2010

I disagree "It's not very helpful to say gluster is "x4" slower though", it is a real measurement on a real system with specific parameters.
It may not be the performace you are getting (although your example is variable, and you don't say how you are measuring), the original test could be reproduced
multiple times and an average could be established that is very stable.
I think this is a great way to test! It eliminates as many variables as possible.
Also these results are consistent with what I get when I test.

^C