[Gluster-users] Error with Server Side setup

anthony garnier sokar6012 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:04:31 UTC 2010

I'm doing a server side configuration and I got this error when I'm lauching  glusterfsd

=>yval1000:/etc/glusterfs # /etc/init.d/glusterfsd start
Starting glusterfsd:startproc:  exit status of parent of /usr/local/sbin/glusterfsd: 1           failed

Here is my volfile on my first server. I got 4 server witch have almost the same volfile

#/etc/glusterfsd.vol of yval1000 server

volume posix #  local storage on server yval1000
  type storage/posix
  option directory /users/gluster-data
end-volume

volume locks
  type features/locks
  subvolumes posix
end-volume

volume brick # local brick of yval1000 server
  type performance/io-threads
  option thread-count 8
  subvolumes locks
end-volume

volume brick2 # other storage server
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option transport.socket.nodelay on
 option remote-host 10.82.216.45  # IP address of the remote server yval1010
 option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume brick3
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option transport.socket.nodelay on
 option remote-host 10.82.216.46  # IP address of the remote server yval1020
 option remote-subvolume brick  # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume brick4
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option transport.socket.nodelay on
 option remote-host 10.82.216.47 #IP address of the remote server yval1030
 option remote-subvolume brick  # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume rep1
 type cluster/replicate
 subvolumes brick brick2