[Gluster-users] Setup for production - which one would you choose?

Oliver Hoffmann oh at dom.de
Mon Mar 22 17:59:25 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I just made some tests on two old machines using Ubuntu 10.4 (server
i386) with fuse-2.7.4glfs11 and glusterfs-3.0.3. At a first glance it
seems to be OK.
The next step is deploying a system which could be used for
production. What would you suggest? Ubuntu 10.4 (server 64bit) is my
first choice because of LTS. Whatsoever, I think it is more the version
of glusterfs which makes it stable or not, isn't it?
In the end I'd like to have a distributed & replicated storage which
provides data for a bunch of (virtualized) LAMPS.

TIA for your recommendations!

Regards,

Oliver Hoffmann