[Gluster-users] mod_glusterfs?

Ian Rogers ian.rogers at contactclean.com
Mon Mar 22 14:21:22 UTC 2010

On 22/03/2010 13:59, sac wrote:
> Hello Ian,
>
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Ian Rogers
> <ian.rogers at contactclean.com <mailto:ian.rogers at contactclean.com>> wrote:
>

>     Is mod_glusterfs still recommended for apache servers?
>
>     This message -
>     http://www.mail-archive.com/gluster-devel@nongnu.org/msg06304.html
>     - suggests that mod_glusterfs would be replaced with booster, but
>     I've also seen that booster is now deprecated...
>

> mod_glusterfs is no longer supported or maintained.
> GlusterFS performance has improved overtime when files are served
> using Apache and
> hence mod_glusterfs is deprecated.
>
> Please use glusterfs-volgen to generate your volume files, it will
> produce optimized volume files that will increase performance for you.
>
> Sachidananda.

Thanks Sachidananda,

The gluster wiki -
http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Getting_modglusterfs_to_work
- should be updated to reflect this.

I've found that glusterfs-volgen is not much good and have optimised my
vol files by hand to suit our system. I'll write up my experiences soon.

Cheers,

Ian

--
www.ContactClean.com
Making changing email address as easy as clicking a mouse.