[Gluster-users] Read-only volumes - timeframe for features/filter?

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Thu Mar 18 09:52:06 UTC 2010

> Excellent, although it must be possible to specify this in /etc/fstab or
> "by hand" in the volume specification.

You can add it in volume with 'type testing/features/filter' and add an line
"option read-only yes".

But a dedicated set of patches to provide '-o ro' option for mount command
(ie, /etc/fstab) is sent to review. You can review/test it by pulling it
from

http://patches.gluster.com/patch/2938/
http://patches.gluster.com/patch/2939/
http://patches.gluster.com/patch/2940/

We haven't yet finished our internal QA over it. We plan to make it
available in stable releases before another 2 months.

Regards,
Amar