[Gluster-users] rsync causing gluster to crash

Joe Grace jgrace at photodex.com
Thu Mar 18 00:13:32 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am trying to test glusterfs for use as a backup/storage system.

After installation everything seems to run fine. That is, until I run a
particular rsync command against a glusterfs mounted directory.

'/mnt/backups/' being the gluster mounted directory and '/mnt/control'
containing various image files and directories.

This command will crash gluster:

backup0:/mnt# rsync -rav -X -i /mnt/control/ /mnt/backups/

with this error:

[2010-03-17 19:07:22] W [fuse-bridge.c:722:fuse_attr_cbk]
glusterfs-fuse: 16173: LOOKUP() / => -1 (Stale NFS file handle)

Yet this command does not:

backup0:/mnt/control# rsync -rav -X -i * /mnt/backups/

I need to figure out what is causing this as I can't have normal
operations (and rsync will be used) causing these kinds of crashes in
our production environment.

I can post any logs/configs necessary. Any help is appreciated.