[Gluster-users] How to re-sync

Tejas N. Bhise tejas at gluster.com
Sun Mar 7 17:21:31 UTC 2010

Chad, Stephan - thank you for your feedback.

Just to clarify on what wrote, do you mean to say that -

1) The setup is a replicate setup with the file being written to multiple nodes.
2) One of these nodes is brought down.
3) A replicated file with a copy on the node brought down is written to.
4) The other copies are updates as writes  happen while this node is still down.
5) After this node is brought up, the client sometimes sees the old file on the node brought up
instead of picking the file from a node that has the latest copy.

If the above is correct, quick questions -

1) What versions are you using ?
2) Can you share your volume files ? Are they generated using volgen ?
3) Did you notice any patterns for the files where the wrong copy was picked ? like
were they open when the node was brought down ?
4) Any other way to reproduce the problem ?
5) Any other patterns you observed when you see the problem ?
6) Would you have listings of problem file(s) from the replica nodes ?

If however my understanding was not  correct, then please let me know with some
examples.

Regards,
Tejas.