[Gluster-users] Can gluster export be nfs exported too?

Tejas N. Bhise tejas at gluster.com
Wed Mar 3 08:04:28 UTC 2010

Jeremy,

Exporting of same (local or locally mounted ) volume/filesystem using two different protocols is possible in theory but very difficult to implement. Each exporter usually has some housekeeping information on the data it exports and in most implementations two exporter do not share this information. This is what makes it difficult, though not impossible. Look up ctdb and SAMBA and you will understand what I am trying to say.

Regards,
Tejas.