[Gluster-users] GlusterFS 3.0.2 small file read performance benchmark

Tejas N. Bhise tejas at gluster.com
Tue Mar 2 18:52:24 UTC 2010

Ed,

oplocks are implemented by SAMBA and it would not be a part of GlusterFS per se till we implement a native SAMBA translator ( something that would replace the SAMBA server itself with a thin SAMBA kind of a layer on top of GlusterFS itself ). We are doing that for NFS by building an NFS translator.

At some point, it would be interesting to explore, clustered SAMBA using ctdb, where two GlusterFS clients can export the same volume. ctdb itself seems to be coming up well now.

Regards,
Tejas.