[Gluster-users] Shared VM disk/image on gluster for redundancy?

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 11:53:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Jeff Darcy <jdarcy at redhat.com> wrote:

> Another option, since you do have a fast interconnect, would be
> to place all of the permanent storage on the data nodes and use storage
> on the app nodes only for caching (as we had discussed).  Replicate
> pair-wise or diagonally between data nodes, distribute across the
> replica sets, and you'd have a pretty good solution to handle future
> expansion.

I think I'll probably go with this since you mention the replicate
over distribute doesn't work that well and I like to keep the app and
storage separate. But might change my mind if testing indicates the
performance level is not acceptable.

As for fast interconnect, does that imply 10GbE/FC kind of speeds or
would normal GbE work?