[Gluster-users] Performance

Todd Daugherty todd at fotokem.hu
Thu Jun 10 16:07:18 UTC 2010

nothing. It did not change anything. Very strange, it is like there is
just HARD limit set at around 225 megabytes per second. Is there
anyone out there getting more than 225 megabytes per second read via
QDR/GlusterFS on one stream?

Todd

iozone -a -i0 -i1 -s 16384m -r 16384 iozone.$$.tmp
	Iozone: Performance Test of File I/O
	        Version $Revision: 3.283 $
		Compiled for 64 bit mode.
		Build: linux

	Contributors:William Norcott, Don Capps, Isom Crawford, Kirby Collins
	             Al Slater, Scott Rhine, Mike Wisner, Ken Goss
	             Steve Landherr, Brad Smith, Mark Kelly, Dr. Alain CYR,
	             Randy Dunlap, Mark Montague, Dan Million,
	             Jean-Marc Zucconi, Jeff Blomberg, Benny Halevy,
	             Erik Habbinga, Kris Strecker, Walter Wong.

	Run began: Thu Jun 10 17:00:58 2010

	Auto Mode
	File size set to 16777216 KB
	Record Size 16384 KB
	Command line used: iozone -a -i0 -i1 -s 16384m -r 16384 iozone.10965.tmp
	Output is in Kbytes/sec
	Time Resolution = 0.000001 seconds.
	Processor cache size set to 1024 Kbytes.
	Processor cache line size set to 32 bytes.
	File stride size set to 17 * record size.
                                                            random
random    bkwd  record  stride
              KB  reclen   write rewrite    read    reread    read
write    read rewrite    read   fwrite frewrite   fread  freread
        16777216   16384  489490  747651   245812   229806

iozone test complete.