[Gluster-users] Concurrency Access ?

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Tue Jun 1 07:41:31 UTC 2010

Shayn -
Gluster's replication is implemented as "copy on write". That means that your client writes to both copies of the file at the same time. All file operations, including adding and removing locks are done synchronously. There is no possibility of replication partners getting "out of sync".

Thanks,

Craig

--
Craig Carl

Sales Engineer; Gluster, Inc.
Cell - ( 408) 829-9953 (California, USA)
Office - ( 408) 770-1884
Gtalk - craig.carl at gmail.com
Twitter - @gluster
Installing Gluster Storage Platform, the movie!