[Gluster-users] GlusterFS and inotify

Larry Bates larry.bates at vitalesafe.com
Mon Jan 25 19:50:32 UTC 2010

I recently moved my backend storage to GlusterFS V3.0 and with one exception
everything is running great.  That exception is that I had a daemon using
inotify that was watching my storage for new files.  Upon arrival this watcher
uploaded a copy of the file to Amazon S3.  This daemon had been running just
fine for well over a year.  Moving to GlusterFS seems to indicate that inotify
doesn't work on GlusterFS volumes.  I don't know if it is a Gluster, Fuse, or
some other problem.  inotify just refuses to allow me to register the top level
folder to be watched.  Before I spend a lot of time on this, I thought I'd
bounce it off of the "experts" on this list.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Larry Bates
vitalEsafe, Inc.