[Gluster-users] hash with non-existent / down servers

Nick Birkett nick at streamline-computing.com
Thu Jan 7 11:14:31 UTC 2010

Is it possible to use  a gluster hash when some of the servers are missing ?

Eg if glusterfs.vol has 8 servers but only 6  available.

I dont mind files being missing (due to being on  offline servers).

I do mind  filesystem inoperable  eg transport endpoint not connected
error .
when some severs taken offline.

I would prefer hash than say using mirrored pairs which is very wastful.
Using this for global scratch storage.

This e-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an addressee or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this e-mail or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.
Streamline Computing is a trading division of Concurrent Thinking Limited: Registered in England and Wales No: 03913912
Registered Address: The Innovation Centre, Warwick Technology Park, Gallows Hill, Warwick, CV34 6UW, United Kingdom