[Gluster-users] Fwd: Problems with self heal on replicated DHT

Roland Rabben roland at jotta.no
Tue Jan 5 20:29:07 UTC 2010

Hi
I have now tested Glusterfs 3.0 on a different system with the same
self-heal problems I experienced in 2.0.6.

To summarize:
I use cluster/replicate and cluster/distribute
Brick 1 on server 1 gets replicated to brick 1 on server 2.
Brick 2 on server 1 gets replicated to brick 2 on server 2. etc...

If I delete a file called "movie.avi" from a brick behind Glusterfs back on
server 2, self-heal works fine with the "ls -lR" command.

If I delete a file called "movie.avi" from a brick behind Glusterfs back on
server 1, self-heal with "ls -lR" doesn't work.

If I delete a file called "movie.avi" from a brick behind Glusterfs back on
server 1, self-heal with "ls -lR movie.avi" works.

So for self-heal to work properly you need to specify the missing file. I
wonder how many do that? I think most people run "ls -lR" thinking
everything will be fine.

Hope this is useful.

Regards
Roland