[Gluster-users] Bonded Gigabit

Adrian Revill adrian.revill at shazamteam.com
Tue Jan 5 15:20:04 UTC 2010

Hi

I am looking at which is the best bonding mode for giagbit links for the
servers. I have a choice of using the 802.3ad (mode4) or bonding-rr (mode0)
I would prefer to use mode4 but this will only give a single TCP
connection 1Gbit of bandwidth, where mode0 will give multi Gbit of band
width to a single TCP connection.

My question is, If i have 4 mirrored servers. when a AFR replicates data
between servers, does it run multiple TCP connections concurrently to
copy the data to all 4 servers at once, or does it do each server in turn.