[Gluster-users] Memory problems / leak in 2.0.6?

Roland Rabben roland at jotta.no
Mon Jan 4 17:24:57 UTC 2010

Hi all
I have upgraded my clients to 2.0.9. I still see memory usage very high.
Disabling the performance/io-cache did not help.

I have two gluster mountpoints on one machine. Both use more than 1 GB RAM.
I have also noticed that a lot of memory is used by fuse. Slabtop shows
fuse_request at 990MB and fuse_inode at 1060MB.

So in total about 4 GB of RAM is spent on the glusterfs mountpoints.

I tried to use the "echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches" command but it did
not work with sudo. Any way of running this with sudo?

Anyone know if this is an issue in 3.0?
Anyone know if there is a way to limit the ammount of memory used by fuse?

Regards
Roland Rabben

--
Roland Rabben