[Gluster-users] Order of subvolumes in afr

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Fri Feb 26 20:04:10 UTC 2010

On Feb 25, 2010, at 2:25 AM, Paras Fadte wrote:

> Would that mean that when I remount  */mnt/gluster/data  ,*   data listed
> under it would be taken from*  /home/data_backup*  directory from Server B
> ?. In other words  "B" would  become "primary"  gluster server and "A" would
> be "secondary" ?

There is no "primary" or "secondary" servers when it comes to replicate.
Writes are done to all servers synchronously and reads are distributed
across all servers. Changing the order would not do anything.

However, you must always make sure that the order of subvolumes
is the same on all clients, as the first server is used for locking.

Vikas Gorur
Engineer - Gluster, Inc.