[Gluster-users] Migrate from an NFS storage to GlusterFS

Vikas Gorur vikas at gluster.com
Tue Feb 16 12:01:00 UTC 2010

Olivier Le Cam wrote:
> Thanks Vikas. BTW, might it be possible to have the same volume
> exported both by regular-NFS and GlusterFS at the same time in order
> to migrate my clients smoothly? Is there any risks to get GlusterFS
> confused and/or the ext3 volume damaged?
That would be quite risky. If you have both GlusterFS clients and NFS
clients operating on
the same files or directories there are chances of race conditions which
might lead
to lost files, GlusterFS getting confused, NFS getting confused etc. I
wouldn't recommend it.

Vikas
--
Engineer - Gluster, Inc.