[Gluster-users] NFS problem

Jonas Bulthuis jonas.bulthuis at rug.nl
Thu Feb 4 16:14:10 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm using Gluster with cluster/replicate on two servers. On each of
these servers I'm exporting the replicated volume through the UNFSv3
booster provided by Gluster.

Multiple nfs clients are using these storage servers and most of the
time it seems to work fine. However, sometimes the clients give error
messages about a 'Stale NFS Handle' when trying to get a directory
listing of some directory on the volume (not all directories gave this
problem). Yesterday it happened after reinstalling the client machines.

All the client machines had the same problem. Rebooting the client
machines did not help. Eventually, restarting the UNFSv3 server solved
the problem.

At least the problem disappeared for now, but, as it happened twice in a
short time now, it seems likely that it will occur again.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to permanently solve this problem?

This is the nfs booster configuration we're currently using:

/etc/glusterfs/cache_acceptation-tcp.vol /nfsexport_acceptation
glusterfs
subvolume=cache_acceptation,logfile=/usr/local/var/log/glusterfs/booster_acceptation.log,loglevel=DEBUG,attr_timeout=0

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,
Jonas Bulthuis