[Gluster-users] Write but not delete

Serdar Sahin anlamarama at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 18:16:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

We are using glusterfs for our cloud storage needs. Since the partition is
open to many servers, we would like to disable file deletion as we don't
delete or overwrite any file.

AFAIK, Glusterfs does not have ACL, so I need to implement this solution
outside of the glusterfs. Perhaps I can mount the disks read and write only
(with disabling deletion), but could not find any solution.

We currently have two servers replicated. The other server was built for
backup purposes in case of any hardware etc. failure, but any attacker who
has access to any client machines can delete all the files from both
servers. We have backups outside of the system, but the data is currently
2TB, thus recovery will take long time.

How can we disable file deletion -at least- on the client machines?

Thanks,