[Gluster-users] adding to gluster a node with 24TB of disk and 16GB RAM

admin iqtc iqtcub at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 10:27:16 UTC 2010

Dear list,

we are planning to add a new node in our Gluster cluster ( 5 nodes with 5TB
and 8GB RAM each node and gigabit connection).

This new node will consist a 24TB disk and 16GB of RAM. Do you think that it
could be some performance problem with this proportion? A lot of disk in
front of memory capacity. We are multiplying x6 disk capacity and only x2
memory capacity.

Any guide line we should follow for calculating the memory requirements
etc.?

thanks in advance,

best regards,

jordi