[Gluster-users] Missing "gluster volume set-transport" command

Lana Deere lana.deere at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 16:01:45 UTC 2010

In the documentation,
   http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.1:_gluster_Command
it says there is a "set-transport" command:
    Transport Commands
        volume set-transport VOLNAME TRANSPORT-TYPE [TRANSPORT-TYPE] ...
            Set the transport type for the specified volume.

I wanted to try converting from RDMA to TCP, so this seemed like what I wanted.
However, when I try it on my 3.1.1 installation, I get:
    # gluster volume set-transport RaidData tcp
    unrecognized word: set-transport (position 1)
It does not seem to be listed by "gluster volume help", either.

I'm not sure whether this is a documentation bug or a bug in the
"gluster" command.

.. Lana (lana.deere at gmail.com)