[Gluster-users] performance stops at 1Gb

P.Gotwalt p.gotwalt at uci.ru.nl
Mon Dec 6 17:21:58 UTC 2010

Good idea with the dd. Here the results:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/gluster/file bs=1M count=1K

1024+0 records in

1024+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.53609 seconds, 113 MB/s

dd if=/gluster/file of=/dev/null bs=1M count=1K

1024+0 records in

1024+0 records out

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.93758 seconds, 108 MB/s

My configuration:

]# mount

..

glusterfs#node70:/stripevol on /gluster type fuse
(rw,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=131072)

]# ssh node70 gluster volume info stripevol

Volume Name: stripevol

Type: Stripe

Number of Bricks: 4

Transport-type: tcp

Bricks:

Brick1: node70.storage.surfnet.nl:/data1

Brick2: node80.storage.surfnet.nl:/data1

Brick3: node90.storage.surfnet.nl:/data1

Brick4: node100.storage.surfnet.nl:/data1

]#

To be sure my 10Gb nic is working:

]# ethtool eth2

Settings for eth2:

        Supported ports: [ FIBRE ]

        Supported link modes:   10000baseT/Full

        Supports auto-negotiation: No

        Advertised link modes:  10000baseT/Full

        Advertised auto-negotiation: No

        Speed: 10000Mb/s

        Duplex: Full

        Port: FIBRE

        PHYAD: 0

        Transceiver: external

        Auto-negotiation: off

        Supports Wake-on: d

        Wake-on: d

        Current message level: 0x00000007 (7)

        Link detected: yes

I used bonnie++ for my tests and used a blocksize of 32KB

Peter