[Gluster-users] GlusterFS - Abysmal Speed on Fresh Install

Jacob Shucart jacob at gluster.com
Mon Dec 6 22:41:05 UTC 2010

Chris,

Can you tell me more about your environment such as a description of the
hardware, network speed and topology, and the "gluster volume info"
output?  The speed you sent is much lower than I would expect in most
environments.  Since you're only copying a single file I don't know that
caching will really help much.  There are cache options you can set if you
want to try with them.  You can find them on:

http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.1:_Sett
ing_Volume_Options

Specifically, you can set the size of files that get cached(the file you
have there might be too big, so try setting a max file size that is big
enough).  Also, the cache could be expiring so you might want to increase
the refresh timeout.

-Jacob