[Gluster-users] Moving Gluster bricks around a cluster

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Fri Dec 3 05:48:28 UTC 2010

Pat -
     This is still doable, assuming the server you want to remove the
brick from is server_old, the destination brick is server_new and the
device being moved is /dev/sdc1 your process would be close to -

1. Stop client access to the brick.
2. gluster remove-brick <options> server_old:/dev/sdc1
3. Move the LUN.
4. gluster add-brick <options> server_new:/dev/sdc1

You data will be immediately available.

Thanks,

Craig

-->