[Gluster-users] v3.1 GlusterFS creating new volume

Deadpan110 deadpan110 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 01:04:02 UTC 2010

Hello

gluster volume create test-volume server3:/exp3 server4:/exp4

This command will create the /exp3 directory on server3 and the /exp4
directory on server4 for use as underlying storage bricks which can
then be mounted using servername:/test-volume.

I usually want my bricks on a mounted partition on each server
(/mnt/storage) so I would use:

gluster volume create test-volume node1:/mnt/storage/brick1
node2:/mnt/storage/brick2

(The brick directories are automatically created in the storage area)

Again, this can then be mounted using servername:/test-volume.

Hope that helps

Martin