[Gluster-users] NFS re-export a GlusterFS on RHEL 5.4?

Shehjar Tikoo shehjart at gluster.com
Fri Aug 20 05:29:51 UTC 2010

Steven Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to re-export a glusterfs to a bunch of NFS clients.  The
> server with the mounted glusterfs is running RHEL 5.4.  I'd like to
> use the nfsd in the kernel if possible as the same server is already
> serving a few other (non glusterfs) NFS shares.

We have native nfs serving functionality, i.e. as a translator, that
will be part of 3.1 release. In the mean time, you could use the same
NFS server from a separate branch that is a lot more stable than the nfs
in mainline. Note that this branch is only a beta branch for NFS and not
for the remaining 3.1 targeted items like DVM. The usual caveats that go
with beta release candidates apply.

Thats available at:

http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/nfs-beta/nfs-beta-rc10/

The documentation in there will show you how to export existing
non-glusterfs directories also through Gluster NFS server.

Of course, you can always email here for questions.

-Shehjar