[Gluster-users] round robin hostname for retriving client configuration

Giovanni Toraldo scurippio at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 19:18:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am using 2 glusterfs and a bunch of clients connecting to them.

I was hoping that setting clients to retrieve configurations for one of
the server (glusterfs -s ip), and poiting them to a RR dns record was a
good idea.

As far as I have understood, due to RFC 3484, ip addresses aren't sorted
with a random pattern but it's much more complex and it's not so random
(it seems that i get everytime the same ordering).

A solution to the problem can be for glusterfs client to exit with an
error only when he tried to connect to every returnet by gethostbyname()
and not only with the first one?

Thanks.

PS: disabling attachments on a ML broke GPG/MIME support. You should
probably enable Attacchments for file < 50 Kb