[Gluster-users] connecting a linux client

Paul Navarre paul at netinteraction.com
Sun Aug 1 05:02:24 UTC 2010

  Total noob question here. I've successfully set up a RAID 1 gluster
cluster with four servers. The servers also function as clients just fine.

I'd like to attach another linux machine as a client only but I'm having
problems. I've installed both the client and server software on the
client machine. I then copied the client configuration from one of the
servers to the client machine.

When I run

glusterfs /mnt/glusterfs/

on the client machine I get the following:

Volume 'quickread', line 78: type 'performance/quick-read' is not valid
or not found on this machine
error in parsing volume file /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs.vol
exiting

Am I on the right track or am I completely in the weeds? Should I post
the glusterfs.vol file?

Thanks,

Paul