[Gluster-users] upgrade 2.0.2 to 2.0.9

Robert Minvielle robert at lite3d.com
Thu Apr 29 16:29:05 UTC 2010

I have asked before but I think the question got lost in some other
problems we had, so I will try this again.

We have a cluster of machines running gluster 2.0.2 and we wish to upgrade
to 2.0.9... when we tried this before, it seemed like almost all of the
files were not showing up in the dir. We then realized that there is some
kind of hash table difference or something going on between revisions.

We were not able to make this go away by touching or doing an "ls" on the
drive from the server or the client. I have seen this before but we were
not sure what we did to fix it before (when we went from 1.3 to 1.4).
Someone mentioned running the backend-xattr-sanitize.sh in the extras
directory of the tarball, but we were talking about a production server
and were not sure if that would be advisable (as if we could not access
the data, we would really be in trouble).

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks.