[Gluster-users] Gluster Storage Platform NFS export

Bala.JA bala at gluster.com
Thu Apr 29 06:58:28 UTC 2010

Hi David,

This can be done by creating a directory in nfs mount with respective
owner/group and the directory can be used during mount to allow the user
specific access.

For example, a volume MyData can be mounted to make directory with respective
owner/group

# mount -t nfs -o soft,nolock server1:/nfs/MyData /mnt
# mkdir /mnt/demodata
# chown demouser.demogroup /mnt/demodata
# umount /nfs/MyData

Now, demouser can mount and use with the directory for normal access.

# mount -t nfs -o soft,nolock server1:/nfs/MyData/demodata /mnt

Let me know how this works.

Thanks,

Regards
Bala