[Gluster-users] xen image on glusterfs

Nick Birkett nick at streamline-computing.com
Tue Apr 27 10:12:23 UTC 2010

I tried installing a xen disk image to glusterfs : version 3.0.4.
Transport  tcp (Gbit).

Glusterfs works fine with other applications. Iozone reports 110Mbytes/s
read / write.

I copied and existing  xen disk image to glusterfs as root.

[root at xenbox xen]# ls /data1/vm/xen/SL54/sl54.img
/data1/vm/xen/SL54/sl54.img
[root at xenbox xen]# xm create -c sl54.data1
Using config file "./sl54.data1".

Hangs at the booting stage.

If I copy the sl54.img to local disk, then vm boots ok.

Also noted if I use RedHat virt-manager to kickstart a new vm, network
dies at loading xenblck driver
when the image directory is on glusterfs.

I know xen does some wierd network things.

Perhaps some resource conflicts ?

Nick

This e-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an addressee or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this e-mail or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.
Streamline Computing is a trading division of Concurrent Thinking Limited: Registered in England and Wales No: 03913912
Registered Address: The Innovation Centre, Warwick Technology Park, Gallows Hill, Warwick, CV34 6UW, United Kingdom