[Gluster-users] Expanding a Volume with GlusterSP

Drew Morris drew at drewmorris.com
Tue Apr 6 20:40:40 UTC 2010

I have recently setup GlusterSP and I was able to get it up and running with 2 machines (mirrored) as a single volume.

Adding additional nodes to the cluster seemed easy enough and I have added 2 more nodes but I cannot seem to add them to my existing volume. Does anyone have any instructions for how to expand a pre-existing mirrored volume and add additional capacity to it? The user interface does not seem to let you expand a volume dynamically. I know there is a way to do this in the standard GlusterFS but I don't remember the process and I think it involved manual processes and some scripts for re-balancing the data. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew