[Gluster-users] unfs3

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Apr 1 15:44:33 UTC 2010

Daniel wrote:
> On 04/01/2010 05:21 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

>>> carefully :
>>>
>>>   >  Apr  1 10:19:19<servername>   mountd[23214]: Cannot export
>>> /export/gluster, possibly unsupported filesystem or fsid= required
>>>
>>> Does /export/gluster exist on the server ?  Is it mounted ?  What sort
>>> of filesystem is it ?
>>
>> Yes. The server is a client, which has the glusterfs mounted there.
>>>
>>> (I am assuming that when you say "my side", you mean the client...)
>>
>> <my server>  trying to mount<server/client>  which has<glusterfs mounted
>> from its nodes (it happens to be a head node for a cluster)>
>
> ...what ?
>
> You should go ahead and post the client and server configuration files.

I have the client running on the headnode, and it has the glusterfs
mounted on /export/gluster. Then, I'm trying to export it from there, and
trying to mount it from my own workstation.

On each of the, um, 30 or so nodes, I've got (leaving out the commented
lines)
volume posix
  type storage/posix
  option directory /glusterfs1
end-volume

volume locks
    type features/locks
    subvolumes posix
end-volume

volume brick
    type performance/io-threads
    option thread-count 8
    subvolumes locks
end-volume

volume server
    type protocol/server
    option transport-type tcp
    option auth.addr.brick.allow *
    option listen-port 6996
    subvolumes brick
end-volume

Then, on the head node, I've got (replacing actual names with <clusternode>):
volume raidvol-0
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host raidvol-0
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume raidvol-1
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host raidvol-1
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume <clusternode>002:/glusterfs1
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host <clusternode>002
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume <clusternode>003:/glusterfs1
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host <clusternode>003
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume
<...>
volume <clusternode>034:/glusterfs1
    type protocol/client
    option transport-type tcp
    option remote-host <clusternode>034
    option remote-port 6996
    option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume mirror-0
    type cluster/replicate
    subvolumes raidvol-0 raidvol-1
end-volume

volume mirror-1
    type cluster/replicate
    subvolumes <clusternode>002:/glusterfs1 <clusternode>003:/glusterfs1
end-volume

volume mirror-2
    type cluster/replicate
    subvolumes <clusternode>004:/glusterfs1 <clusternode>005:/glusterfs1
end-volume
<...>
volume mirror-15
    type cluster/replicate
    subvolumes <clusternode>033:/glusterfs1 <clusternode>034:/glusterfs1
end-volume

volume distribute
    type cluster/distribute
    subvolumes mirror-0 mirror-1 mirror-2 mirror-3 mirror-4 mirror-5
mirror-6 mirror-7 mirror-8 mirror-9 mirror-10 mirror-11 mirror-12
mirror-13 mirror-14 mirror-15
end-volume

volume writebehind
    type performance/write-behind