[Gluster-users] file not found on DHT, but it exists

Arend-Jan Wijtzes ajwytzes at wise-guys.nl
Thu Apr 1 12:27:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 09:18:58AM +0400, Raghavendra G wrote:
> Are other operations like chown, chmod etc are succeeding? stat call is
> generally received as lookup in glusterfs (lookup callback returns a stat
> structure) and lookup is sent to all subvolumes, whereas calls like open are
> sent only to those nodes where file is present.

I will test this when the problem occurs again. Note from my original
post that:

* on open() the file is being looked up at the correct node where it is
present, yet glusterfsd on that node returns 'not found'
* the file can be opened after a gluster restart
* the behavior is the same across all clients (mount points)

This gives me the impression that some stale data or caching occurs
on the server side.

Is there anything else I can test for?

--
Arend-Jan Wijtzes -- Wiseguys -- www.wise-guys.nl