[Gluster-users] Recovery from network failure

Georgecooldude georgecooldude at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 20:57:39 UTC 2009

Hi Guys

I've been trying GlusterFS out today. I'm using Ubuntu 8 LTS, and Gluster
2.0.6. In my test lab I have two servers configured to mirror each other.
Everything there works fine.

However during failover testing I moved a 1GB image to the shared mount
point on server01. I watched about 250mb of data get replicated to server02
and then pulled the network cable out of server 02. When I plugged the cable
back in about 1 minute later I was expecting the file to continue
replicating however it didn't. Instead server02 got a corrupt 250mb file.

Are there any steps that need to be taken to cover a scenario like this?

Thanks in advance

George