[Gluster-users] booster

Anand Avati avati at gluster.com
Mon Sep 14 19:09:10 UTC 2009

>  It's not perfect - but at least any calls that fall through will still be
> handled properly. For example, if an application calls fopen(), which is not
> on the GlusterFS list of overridden system calls the last time I checked,
> then at least the fopen() will be intercepted by FUSE rather than fail
> altogether.

I think the deal with hidden PLTs is that fopen() cannot be trapped by
an alternate implementation of fopen() inside the LD_PRELOADed
library. But the system call open performed inside the libc's fopen()
(no matter how it was compiled) should get intercepted by the
LD_PRELOAD library. Because I dont think the PLT optimizations would
apply to system calls.

With regard to the original question, I dont foresee any major
problems, but we have not QA'ed this configuration. We would like to
hear if you face any problems.

Avati