[Gluster-users] The continuing story ...

David Saez Padros david at ols.es
Wed Sep 9 07:17:37 UTC 2009

Hi

> I would like to politely disagree with your final statement. In a
> timeout techniques to take into consideration the situation where the
> backend fs is hanging so that the entire glusterfs volume does not
> become unusable.

i'm not talking about this problem, i'm talking about server hangs

> As far as debugging the system hang is concerned, you need to be
> looking for kernel logs and dmesg output. You really are wasting your
> time trying to debug a kernel fs hang by looking for logs from a user
> application. The kernel oops backtrace shows you exactly where the
> kernel is locking up.

there is no oops backtrace and nothing in logs that could say what
is happening apaprt from the pcu stuck messages

> get the
> kernel backtrace from a serial console and you will be just one step
> from your solution.

we don't have the chance to do that, our servers are now in production
mode and we cannot push them again to the conditions that produce the
hangs

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       telf    +34 902 50 29 75