[Gluster-users] glusterfsd initscript default sequence

Mark Mielke mark at mark.mielke.cc
Wed Sep 9 06:45:28 UTC 2009

On 09/07/2009 12:18 AM, Jeff Evans wrote:
>> I too think S90 is off,
>> although I'm not sure where it should go, or how to make it start
>>   glusterfsd before it gets to /etc/fstab mounting?
>>
> I think the only way to ensure glusterfsd comes up before fstab
> mounting (mount -a) is by using the noauto option and then mounting it
> later in rc.local or whenever you are ready.
>
> In my case, I want glusterfs available ASAP and using S50 was adequate
> as this is before anything like smb/nfs/httpd starts looking for the
> mount.

FYI: On Fedora 11, I set glusterfsd to use S20, and have the /etc/fstab
mount include the _netdev option. It works.

At least on Fedora / RHEL, it looks like _netdev is how you trigger
delayed mounting as part of /etc/init.d/netfs (S25, which is later than
S20).

I'd still like to see the autofs problem addressed - but in the mean
time, I have an acceptable solution.

Cheers,
mark

--