[Gluster-users] The continuing story ... YAU (Yet Another Update)

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Tue Sep 8 10:04:19 UTC 2009

Hello all,

as we have something like a pseudo-stable base for testing (1 client, 1
server) we tried some performance enhancement, therefore added the following
to the client setup:

volume cache
  type performance/io-cache
  option cache-size 64MB
  option priority *.cfg:3,*:1
  # option cache-timeout 2
  subvolumes writebehind
end-volume

If we do that the client goes crazy within around 3 hours. We could not save
the logs for that because it produced around 4 GB of it and we could not save
the setup without deleting it.
As you can see we also use writebehind, so maybe its a combined problem.
Without writebehind we cannot test the setup because it becomes very slow and
the runtime of our scripts does not fit into a 5 mins slot.

Stephan